Choose a savings program to meet your needs and goals:
A Traditional Savings Account is still a great way to meet your financial goals. The convenience, flexibility, and liquidity of our savings accounts attract a diverse population of customers.
Our savings account features:
- $50.00 minimum balance*
- No limit on number of deposits
- Maximum of twelve withdrawals per quarter**
- Pays a great rate! Interest calculated using daily balance method, compounded and credited quarterly
- Online Banking
To sign up for a savings account, apply now or stop by the bank.
*During any quarterly period in which the average collected balance falls below $50.00, the account will be subject to a $9.00 quarterly maintenance fee. (If you are a minor the fee will only apply if your average collected balance falls below $10.00).
**An activity fee of $1.00 will be charged for each non-ATM withdrawal exceeding twelve (12) per quarter. These twelve (12) withdrawals include regular withdrawals, transfers, and electronic debits.
Christmas Club Account^
The holiday season can be an expensive time of year. With that in mind, Gothenburg State Bank offers a special Christmas Club Account. This account is designed for customers to make minimal deposits throughout the year to save for holiday expenses.
Features of the Christmas Club Account include:
- Pays a great rate!
- Any dollar amount can be deposited
- Interest is credited annually (October 31st) and checks are mailed (balance of account) the 1st business day of November.
- No withdrawals are allowed
- No service charges
^On all interest bearing savings accounts, interest is accrued daily on the balance of collected funds in the account.