· Must be at least six characters long and no longer than 20 characters
· Cannot be all numbers (can be all letters or characters)
· Can contain letters, numbers and the following characters: @$*_=.!~
· Cannot contain any white space (spaces are not allowed: including before, in the middle of, or after the username)
· Must be at least six characters long and no longer than 32 characters
· Must contain characters from at least two of the following three categories: letters, numbers, any special characters.
· Cannot contain any white space (spaces are not allowed: including before, in the middle of, or after the password)
· Cannot be a substring of the username
I FORGOT MY PASSWORD:
On the bank homepage: www.gothenburgstatebank.com select the "online banking login" tab. Click"Forgot Password" link. Click on the "I forgot my username "link and you can request your username be sent to you (see below).
I FORGOT MY USERNAME:
On the bank homepage: www.gothenburgstatebank.com select the "online banking login" tab. Click on "Forgot Password "link. Click on the "I forgot my username" link and you can request your username be emailed to you (see below).
I KEEP TRYING TO LOGIN TO ONLINE BANKING BUT IT WON'T WORK:
There could be several reasons. You may be entering the user name or password in the wrong box (see diagram below). Also, once a user attempts to log-in 5 times they will be locked from the system. You will need to call the bank during regular business hours (8 am – 5 pm; M-F) to have your password reset.
SECURITY AND ONLINE BANKING
In a recent security update, we switched to multifactor authentication to verify a user’s identity when attempting to access online banking. Although this creates a few more steps for customers to go through it is required in order to protect you and your finances. Rather than ask a “challenge” question (which in many cases can be not-so-challenging to a“would-be-hacker”) we are using an enhanced security layer. This security layer is validated outside of the Online Banking platform via your phone number(s). Receiving the access code outside of the device you are authenticating helps prevent that information from being captured by a virus or malware on the device. You will likely experience a similar process with other secure financial sites as a result of new guidelines across the industry.
WHY DO I HAVE TO RE-ENTER A PASSCODE FOR EVERY LOGIN:
If you are using Internet Explorer 9, it is possible that your cookies are automatically being deleted upon log out. You will need to change that setting in order to more easily access online banking (to skip entering the security verification code each time).
1. Within Internet Explorer, click the Tools icon on the upper rightside (looks like a gear wheel)
2. Select Internet Options from the drop down list.
3. In the Browsing history section, uncheck the ‘Delete browsinghistory in exit’ checkbox.
4. Click on the Privacy tab.
a. Click the “Advanced” button.
b. Select the “Override Automatic Cookie Handling” checkbox.
c. Select ‘First-party Cookies’ and ‘Third-party Cookies’, if needed.
d. Select the “Always Allow Session Cookies”checkbox.
e. Click the OK button.