Make deposits right from the GSB mobile application.
Select the item you are interested in exploring below:
To use consumer mobile deposit, you must have the GSB mobile banking app installed on your iPhone or Android device. If you already use the GSB mobile banking app, make sure you have the most recent update installed.
- Once in the mobile application, Mobile Deposit is accessed using the "Deposits" icon.
- The first time you click it,you will have to accept the terms and conditions of the Service Agreement.
Making a Deposit:
- Endorse your check on the back by signing your name as normal and writing "For Mobile Deposit" under your signature. Endorsements must be made on the back of the check within 1 1/2 inches from the top edge.
- Once the "Deposits" icon is selected. Select to make a new deposit. You will now need to make four selections: 1) select the GSB checking account you want to deposit into, 2) enter the amount of the deposit, 3) take a picture of the check front, and 4) back of the check. When taking the photos follow the prompts to frame the item in your device viewfinder.
- Confirm all info. and submit the deposit when prompted.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for each check you have.
- The bank will process each deposit submitted by 4 p.m. CST on normal business days. If submitted after 4 p.m. weekdays, the deposit will be processed by the end of the next business day. The bank will process the deposit by clearing the item as an image.
What do I do with the check once it is deposited?
You should securely store the original check for 60 days after you've made the deposit. If there is a problem once we receive the deposit, we'll notify you and ask you to send your original check within 5 business days. Your account will be credited once the original check is received and confirmed at the bank. In the end, you're responsible for the proper disposal of your check within a reasonable amount of time. After you verify that your Mobile Deposit has cleared, Dispose of the check by marking it "VOID" and destroying it by cross-cut shredding. After destruction of an original check, the image will be the sole evidence of the original check.
You agree that you will never re-present the original check. Once the mobile deposit is complete, please clearly mark the item "mobile deposit on xx/xx/xxxx date" on the front of the check. Accidental or intentional re-presentment of a Mobile Deposit item can cause Mobile Deposits to be turned off or your checking account to be closed. You understand that you are responsible if anyone is asked to make a payment based on an original check that has already been paid.
Do I need to endorse the back of my check before I scan it?
What if I forget to endorse the back of my check?
Oops! The software will not allow your deposit to go through without the check being properly endorsed. You will receive an error message asking you to retake the photo of the back of the check.
When will my funds be available?
If we receive your deposit before 4 p.m. on a business day, we'll credit your account by the end of the day. Deposits received after 4 p.m. (or on weekends and federal holidays) are credited to your account by the end of the next business day. Availability of funds is pursuant to Regulation CC and GSB's applicable funds availability schedule and policies.
What items are available to deposit?
You can scan and deposit only checks, and you can deposit only into your GSB checking accounts. Do not use a deposit ticket with this. Do not use Mobile Deposit to deposit:
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than you (i.e. payable to another party and then endorsed by you).
- Checks or items containing an alteration to any of the fields on the front of the check or item, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check or item is drawn.
- Checks or items previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Reg CC.
- Checks or items not payable in US currency.
- Checks or items dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks or items prohibited by GSB's current deposit procedures or which are otherwise not acceptable under the terms of you GSB account.
- Checks payable on sight or payable through Drafts, as defined by Reg. CC.
- Checks with any endorsement on the back other than that specified in this agreement.
- $10,000 limit per deposit
We all make mistakes. Simply use the mobile app (or online banking) and transfer the money to the correct account once the funds are made available.
In order for the application to recognize the landscape mode, you must hold the phone pointing out (in landscape mode) and then turn it down toward the check image.
Make sure the check is laying on a flat surface in a well-lit area (on a dark background) before you take the picture. Avoid shadows such as those created by holding the camera between your item and the light source. Take a picture of only one check at a time with all four corners visible. No other objects should be visible in the photo. If you're still getting an error message, such as "image failed", you will need to mail in your check or bring it to the bank or ATM to be deposited.
When you successfully submit your check via Mobile Deposit, you'll see a deposit receipt on screen. You can also verify receipt of your deposit via the mobile app or online banking (account transactions).
We will contact you by phone or email within one business day.
No, but you can deposit into one account and once the funds are available make a transfer into another account.
No, consumer mobile deposit is currently available for DDA accounts only.